Is an Announcement Pending?

Topics relating to P&O

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Is an Announcement Pending?

Post by david63 »

Is P&O about to make an announcement about something? Possibly a ship leaving the fleet.

Why do I think this? Apart from the initial announcement about Winter 2020/21 cruises, and a subsequent announcement about Iona's itineraries there has been none of the usual hype about the latest release of cruises unlike previous years when there is an email almost every day - in fact P&O emails are conspicuous by their absence!

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Is an Announcement Pending?

Post by Kenmo1 »

david63 wrote: 05 Mar 2019, 10:21
Is P&O about to make an announcement about something? Possibly a ship leaving the fleet.

Why do I think this? Apart from the initial announcement about Winter 2020/21 cruises, and a subsequent announcement about Iona's itineraries there has been none of the usual hype about the latest release of cruises unlike previous years when there is an email almost every day - in fact P&O emails are conspicuous by their absence!
Well that should put the wind up everyone with any bookings. :o :o

Maureen

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

david63 wrote: 05 Mar 2019, 10:21

Well there can be no doubt that when Iona2 joins, if not before, something has to go. Oldest ship is now Oceana, once Oriana departs.

Now look what you've done!

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Is this a genuine concern you have David, or are you just rumour mongering?
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

towny44 wrote: 05 Mar 2019, 12:14
Is this a genuine concern you have David, or are you just rumour mongering?
It is actually a concern (would I rumour monger??).

I did not say that a ship was leaving, just a possibility as could P&O being sold to Saga or a change to all Freedom Dining or the abolition of "formal nights" or anything else that might be on the table.

(If a ship was to be going then I would guess it would be after October 2020 when there are no bookings and by which time Carnival China will probably be ready for another ship)

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Perhaps a new ship mid size coming into the fleet. Not brand new but a refurbished one???

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

They are goin to reintroduce smoking on balconies :silent:
Empty vessels .. and all that

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Perhaps they are finally going to announce which cabin we have been allocated for our April cruise. I knew we shouldn't have booked a saver fare - it is so frustrating.

Maureen

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

Suekersh wrote: 05 Mar 2019, 13:07
Perhaps a new ship mid size coming into the fleet. Not brand new but a refurbished one???
Dreaming again! 😂😂

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

I'm with Sue. Now we feel limited to Oceana, Aurora and possibly Arcadia. At a pinch might go on Azura but it would have to be an itinerary we'd couldn't possibly miss - unlikely! I've already started looking round at other possibilities, trouble is some of the ones I fancy don't go from Southampton and I've really gone off fly cruising. So if another ship is to go it's likely to be one of those three which would limit us even more. We have friends who have recently come back from Oceania and had a fantastic time - it did involve flying to Montreal but then the rest of it was an excellent itinerary which ended up in Southampton. This was one of those offers from ROL. I could just about stomach flying out to a cruise as we've done in the past when we flew out to Azura in the Caribbean and then did a back to back finishing up sailing back to Southampton. I would imagine that if a ship goes it will be Oceana which would be a shame as we love the aft mini suites - our very first cruise was in an aft mini on the old Adonia. So we wait to see.

Carole

Return to “P&O”