New web site

Topics relating to P&O

Topic author
Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

New web site

Post by Whynd1 »

Goodness me what a mess the new web site is in.
I went to log into my account as opposed to the cruise personaliser and nothing. I log in okay and it says my name but that's it. There is no function for anything else, cannot see loyalty points or any of my 4 booked cruises.
Just spoken to a very nice chap at P and O but not much help.

All he said was when they altered the new web site I should have updated my preferences. If I cant get into my account how can I update any preferences.
He has ticked a box and says give it 24 hours.
I live in hope.

Lindsey

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New web site

Post by david63 »

Its been like that for a few days. Waiting 24 hours doesn't make any difference, neither does clearing cookies.

It did work when the site first went live

Topic author
Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

I have since been told that it's the web browser chrome, so I have tried firefox and that doesn't work either.
They sent me a link and that doesn't work so I rang back and she said we know the link doesn't work, so why send it then ?

So frustrating

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Surprised they didn't say "have you tried connecting your computer to the master phone socket". That's they're normal get out spiel when talking to these bods.

MaureenB
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MaureenB »

Not working for me either.....................it did in the first days.

What a load of to****s

Midlandslass
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Midlandslass »

I had a problem with a website which worked fine on Ipad but not on laptop. Was using Chrome, tried Firefox with no success but functionality worked on Chrome Canary and Edge. Worth a try

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

It seems that there is no longer any menu button which did have have a link to your own loyalty data, and non of the current options available show any links to your loyalty points or previous cruise history.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

towny44 wrote: 16 May 2019, 13:21
It seems that there is no longer any menu button which did have have a link to your own loyalty data, and non of the current options available show any links to your loyalty points or previous cruise history.
That’s cos it’s C**P.

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

Luckily the CP section is working as this is the only bit I use.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

I can access all my account etc via iPad perfectly. I don’t have any P&O cruises booked don’t know if the CP is working.
Gill

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

Thought it was just me after trying to access the Portunus site. I was told login was wrong and kept trying a few times but no good.
I went in to the reset my password and still nothing, then this afternoon a e.mail arrived to say confirm password, but where? So I tried to log in with the new password, bingo I was in.
But all I had was I was you are logged in but nothing else.
Don't worry, be happy

Topic author
Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Using my main laptop this morning and search engine bing, I was able to log onto my account and see my future cruises and loyalty points.

Lindsey

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Strangely I cannot access anything on my desktop, or laptop, but I can on my phone!!

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

I've been able to access my account via iPad, MacBook and Iphone using Safari and everything appears to be okay but have to log in to my account then log in again to see the details - odd :roll:
Janis

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Whynd1 wrote: 18 May 2019, 11:56
Using my main laptop this morning and search engine bing, I was able to log onto my account and see my future cruises and loyalty points.

Lindsey
I can log into My Account which shows all of our previous cruises and points but I can't find our future cruises. I wondered if it was because I haven't filled out the cruise personaliser for the 3 next year but it also doesn't show the one for July this year and I have filled out the cruise personaliser for that. What am I doing wrong ?

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

I eventually managed to login (twice) using ms edge, but it is a terribly slow search engine compared with chrome, however I could view loyalty points and future cruises. I do remember having to login twice when I tried it before our cruise and that was on chrome, but now all it does now it roll me to a screen telling me I am already logged in??????
I think Carnival must recruit failed govt. dept programmers!!!
John

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

towny44 wrote: 18 May 2019, 15:16
I think Carnival must recruit failed govt. dept programmers!!!
I think you are probably right, John, but on the other hand I am quite prepared to accept that it is me being thick -----

I go into My Account, then into My Loyalty to check my points which works ok. It then says please see tab above for your cruises for any future cruises. I then go into My Cruises which I assume they are referring to and it says they are unable to show any future cruises because I have not entered a valid URN. If I knew what the valid URN was, there is still nowhere for me to enter one. The only unique number I can think of would be the booking reference but there is nowhere to enter it other than going into the cruise personaliser.

When people are referring to their future cruises, is that where they are seeing them in the cruise personaliser which has always been the case or are they listed on My Account and mine are just missing.

Maureen

allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Post by allatc »

Using Firefox after a bit of fiddling around with logging in (3 times) I can see all the info including future cruises (not as part of Cruise Personaliser).
Chrome also working but on both you have to enter the login details twice.

It's as though My Account is a separate sub-system that requires its own login.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

As an aside on the state of the Carnival IT department we've just received automated on line feedback survey requests for our two cruises, on Azura and Queen Victoria.

The first comes from P&O. The text refers to P&O. It has the P&O logo. It is signed by Paul Ludlow at P&O.

The second comes from Cunard. The text refers to Cunard. It has the Cunard logo. It is signed by Simon Palethorpe at Cunard.

Both ask for our opinions on our recent cruise on Queen Victoria!

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 20 May 2019, 10:43
The second comes from Cunard. The text refers to Cunard. It has the Cunard logo. It is signed by Simon Palethorpe at Cunard.
And when you have completed the P&O one you will be redirected to the Cunard site! Its been like that for ages.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 20 May 2019, 10:43
As an aside on the state of the Carnival IT department we've just received automated on line feedback survey requests for our two cruises, on Azura and Queen Victoria.

The first comes from P&O. The text refers to P&O. It has the P&O logo. It is signed by Paul Ludlow at P&O.

Both ask for our opinions on our recent cruise on Queen Victoria!
You're fortunate we have not had any from P&O for our recent Aurora cruise.
John

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Weirdly having accessed them both they are for the correct cruises once we get to them. With slightly different questions.

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

To see your loyalty there is a two-stage login.
First at the top of the main website homepage.
Then after logging in click on 'my details at the top of the page and log in again.
Last edited by Quizzical Bob on 20 May 2019, 13:56, edited 2 times in total.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Quizzical Bob wrote: 20 May 2019, 13:55
Then after logging in click on 'my details at the top of the page and log in again.
I do and then nothing happens

allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Post by allatc »

Ship webcams don’t seem to be working anymore.

Return to “P&O”