Computer screen-- badly aligned windows

Chat about anything here

Topic author
towny44
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Computer screen-- badly aligned windows

Post by towny44 » 12 Jul 2019, 10:38

To all you experts out there how do I correct a sudden misalignment of the windows on my laptop.
I have 3 windows open, the first leaves about 3 mm of the start screen showing on the left and about 1mm at the top, the other 2 are offset by the same amount on the previous window.
I can move them from the corners so they are aligned at the top but cannot correct the L/H side.
Any ideas?
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Computer screen-- badly aligned windows

Post by david63 » 12 Jul 2019, 10:46

There seems to be all sorts of problems with window placement since the last major update to Windows 10.

One trick that sometimes works is to right click on the header bar, of the window that you want to position, and select "size". Position the window where you want it and all should be good.

Topic author
towny44
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Computer screen-- badly aligned windows

Post by towny44 » 12 Jul 2019, 14:41

david63 wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 10:46
There seems to be all sorts of problems with window placement since the last major update to Windows 10.

One trick that sometimes works is to right click on the header bar, of the window that you want to position, and select "size". Position the window where you want it and all should be good.
Thank you David that has worked, in fact pressing and holding the left button whilst in the header space seems to do the same thing, unless my laptop is still holding the size function, anyway I now know how to correct this in future.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Return to “General Chat”