Existing customer discount

Topics relating to P&O

Topic author
gordybe
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Existing customer discount

Post by gordybe »

Hi I have 2 P&O cruises booked one for december and one for Sept 20. I am looking to book a caribbean cruise for 2021 which attracts a 10% discount for existing customers. P&O have said I will only get 5% newcomers discount and I have not yet completed a cruise but on completion of my december I will get the additional 5%. Has anyone else been in this situation and am I being advised correctly.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Re: Existing customer discount

Post by towny44 »

That is my understanding of how it works, you need to have completed a cruise before you become a past passenger.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Until you've actually completed a cruise you could cancel so they're covering themselves.

Topic author
gordybe
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by gordybe »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 15 Oct 2019, 17:34
Until you've actually completed a cruise you could cancel so they're covering themselves.
Thanks. just wanted to be sure I would get the additional discount once I complete the first cruise.

BrianI
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by BrianI »

I don’t think it works like that but I may be wrong. You only get the discount at the time of booking. The price of the two cruises you have already booked will not change, either up or down.
Brian

Topic author
gordybe
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by gordybe »

BrianI wrote: 15 Oct 2019, 18:14
I don’t think it works like that but I may be wrong. You only get the discount at the time of booking. The price of the two cruises you have already booked will not change, either up or down.
Brian
Hi, the P&O guy said I would get the additional discount on the caribbean cruise as it qualified for an additional 5%. Said to ring up after the december cruise and he would refresh the new cruise booking to apply the extra discount. Hopefully he isn't messing me around.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

gordybe wrote: 15 Oct 2019, 18:30
BrianI wrote: 15 Oct 2019, 18:14
Brian
Hi, the P&O guy said I would get the additional discount on the caribbean cruise as it qualified for an additional 5%. Said to ring up after the december cruise and he would refresh the new cruise booking to apply the extra discount. Hopefully he isn't messing me around.
That's different to the past passenger discount, presumably the Caribbean cruise is what's known as a Peninsular cruise which gives a 5% discount to Peninsular club members, you need to have completed 15 days cruising with P&O to become a member.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Return to “P&O”