Will Iona Have This?

All about Iona

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Will Iona Have This?

Post by david63 »

Just been reading about the technology on the new Princess ship and was wondering if Iona will have the same, or similar.

Probably not as P&O are incredibly slow at adopting new technology - don't know if it is a cost issue or they do not think that their passengers are capable of using it, or accepting it.

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Will Iona Have This?

Post by Happydays »

I was on the Ruby Princess recently and it's part way through getting the "Medallion Experience" fitted our door was opened by tapping the small screen beside your door when competed you will just approach and it will unlock (key-less entry) The internet/wifi was brilliant we had 250minspp free because we were Elite :lol: and it was easy and fast to use no loosing the connection etc.
I spoke to some passengers who have been on the ships with the full ME and most liked it, there are always some who don't want to use it and you don't have to you can opt out. It allows you to check-in on line entering your details and no need to use the check-in desk!

poole boy
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by poole boy »

I must admit neither of us likes this all consuming wi fi approach and that we do not trust it to work properly at all times so to us it is a very good reason to avoid going on these type of ships :?

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

RCI ships have something similar with their Royal app, which you can use to input all your pre cruise data, and then use this as your e ticket to board the ship. Then during the cruise you use it to explore the days activities and entertainment, and to book speciality restaurants, and in their case freedom dining reservations.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Return to “About Iona”