Who has booked / is booking on Iona ?

Cruises on Iona in 2020

Topic author
allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Who has booked / is booking on Iona ?

Post by allatc »

I am underwhelmed by Iona's Maiden season cruises so I won't be going on her.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Who has booked / is booking on Iona ?

Post by david63 »

I am on in July - just to see what she is like

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

I've booked Christmas cruise 2020 with the family but tempted to try her in July - friends trying to persuade me to join them.
Janis

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

We have 2 Canary islands cruises booked for Feb 21 and 22, we generally dont book 7 night cruises, and have done the Fjords several times already.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Gort60
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Gort60 »

We have booked a fiords cruise. But very disappointed at the fact there is only 1 formal night on the 7 night cruise. P&O say it’s a new thing on Iona. Only 1 formal night per 7 day cruise

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Gort60 wrote: 18 Feb 2020, 16:55
We have booked a fiords cruise. But very disappointed at the fact there is only 1 formal night on the 7 night cruise. P&O say it’s a new thing on Iona. Only 1 formal night per 7 day cruise
TBH we are quite happy with that, we have 3 on our April 14nt Canary cruise, on Ventura, and that's more than enough for me.
John

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

We're waiting to see what other valued opinions are.
Haven't graduated to Britannia yet but have enjoyed Azura and Ventura.
Still secretly prefer the smaller ships
Empty vessels .. and all that

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

No me. I don't like broom cupboards.

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

We have - not my choice. We were supposed to go on an Oceana cruise next week - if only - but we had to cancel back in November when the balance was due as we didn't know at that point if John would be able to travel or even get insurance. So the choice was to cancel completely or transfer to another cruise. I was for cancelling but John wanted to save his deposit so we looked at something for September this year. The only thing really that fitted was an Iona cruise to France/Spain. We had both said we weren't interested in Iona, never been on Britannia and now have a cruise on the new Saga Spirit of Discovery in April. Anyway, John was curious to see the new ship so we transferred to Iona from Oceana. Now having read Mervyn's review of Spirit of Discovery I'm even less looking forward to Iona. Once we've been on the Spirit cruise I'm thinking I might persuade John to lose the Iona trip and book another on SOD but we'll see.

Carole
sp

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Our next cruise on P&O will be in 2022, when we plan to take our daughter and granddaughters (the latters' first cruise) for 7 nights to the Fjords. If the present itinerary pattern is repeated that is likely to mean Iona or her sister.

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

The cruises listed for her so far have not been to our liking, however I really look forward to finding something that gives me an excuse to book Iona

elisafoppa
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by elisafoppa »

I have booked for half term in May 2021. One question though - trip to Bergen is not included, do you know if it's possible to travel there as a day trip? Thanks!

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

elisafoppa wrote: 04 Aug 2020, 23:35
I have booked for half term in May 2021. One question though - trip to Bergen is not included, do you know if it's possible to travel there as a day trip? Thanks!
We docked ( Oriana ) right on the doorstep so walking to the town centre and the Old Town was a breeze ... literally.

ps ... Hello & Welcome :wave:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Manoverboard wrote: 05 Aug 2020, 11:15
We docked ( Oriana ) right on the doorstep so walking to the town centre and the Old Town was a breeze ... literally.

I think the poster was asking about Bergen because it's no longer on all itineraries as a port of call.
John

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

I think that under the current circumstances nobody knows anything about itineraries/excursions at the moment, for any ship/cruise

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

towny44 wrote: 05 Aug 2020, 11:30
Manoverboard wrote: 05 Aug 2020, 11:15

I think the poster was asking about Bergen because it's no longer on all itineraries as a port of call.
My response was just in case it will be :angel:

GymnasticGeorge77
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by GymnasticGeorge77 »

We are hoping to sail in November on the Canaries cruise. We've booked a conservatory suite and are both really hoping it will go ahead.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

GymnasticGeorge77 wrote: 09 Aug 2020, 10:56
We are hoping to sail in November on the Canaries cruise. We've booked a conservatory suite and are both really hoping it will go ahead.
It is not possible for any of us to know at this time but good luck.

Click the link for P&O's latest information

ps ..... Hello & Welcome :wave:

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

Re-reading this thread I'd posted in February that we'd booked on Iona for September and that I really wasn't keen, John wanted to try a new ship. When Covid happened we had the opportinity to change this if we wished and, rather unfairly I said to John that I wasn't going on this ship even if cruising was happening by then - little did we know that by August no-one would know when cruising would commence again. We actually had two cruises booked with P&O; the Iona one this September and also one on Aurora, last month to Norway and Iceland. So we changed both. We now have Arcadia to the Fjords next July and Arcadia again to the Canaries in March/April 2022. We had booked one of the Conservatory Mini Suites on Iona so I'll be interested to hear what they are like when anyone eventually get to go on Iona. My thoughts were that it was probably going to be a lot smaller than the Mini Suites on either Aurora or Arcadia.

Carole

GymnasticGeorge77
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by GymnasticGeorge77 »

So now P&O have now suspended all sailings until 12th November 2020. I am keeping everything crossed that our Canaries cruise will still go ahead on 14th November. However, the P&O website is now showing all cabin grades for this cruise as full. I am very unsure what to make of that! Has anyone any thoughts?

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

GymnasticGeorge77 wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 08:27
So now P&O have now suspended all sailings until 12th November 2020. I am keeping everything crossed that our Canaries cruise will still go ahead on 14th November. However, the P&O website is now showing all cabin grades for this cruise as full. I am very unsure what to make of that! Has anyone any thoughts?
They have no intention of selling any more available cabins on this cruise ... would be my assessment.

Return to “Iona Cruises 2020”