Warner hotels

Chat about anything here

Topic author
Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Warner hotels

Post by Whynd1 »

Jan mentioned she was going to pick my brains re Warners.
It is a bit like a cruise on land with lots of activities inside and out. Quizzes are very popular.
I have only been to Alvaston Hall in Nantwich as its central for our group to meet up. I can get the train and change at Cardiff then to Crewe and taxi to Alvaston only takes about 10 mins.
They run trips to Liverpool and Chester, reasonably priced.
We only go for the weekend and it's a very relaxing break, with a pool,gym and spa complex.
Rooms have all been upgraded and are huge and well furnished with table and chairs. Fresh milk in the fridge and toiletries in the bathrooms.
Food is plentiful and varied, mostly buffet and carvery but you can have certain dishes delivered to your table. For breakfast they cook fresh omettes and fish,always a queue for these.

One thing I always check is that the price often goes down, so we check and if so, we ring through and they usually honour the reduction.
We dont book for the entertainment just for whichever weekend suits us all. They have acts like Jane McDonald and Alexander Armstrong but we found the prices on these very expensive £700 for 3 nights. You can often pay NO single supplement.
I would look at the website as it's very comprehensive.
Hope this helps.

Lindsey
Ps if there are errors I'm sorry but my tablet has a mind of it's own with the predictive text.
Last edited by oldbluefox on 06 Jan 2020, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.

Jan Rosser
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Warner hotels

Post by Jan Rosser »

Thanks for the info Lindsey - my friends went last minute to the Warner’s at Studley Castle and were very impressed although their room was in a block outside and they had to carry cases up several flights of stairs - one of the penalties of booking days before they actually went !!!

I have looked at the website and there is quite a choice of venues - like you we would be meeting up with friends and so entertainment wouldn’t be our first priority - just have to find a suitable date now and arrange the meet up.
Janis

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

I think looking at the prices quoted by Lindsay we will stick to P&O cruises, and whilst I quite like Jane McDonald I always switch her cruise programme off once she starts singing.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Stephen
Captain
Captain

Post by Stephen »

Mrs S and I have done a few Warner breaks over the years. They use to be good but not any more in my opinion.

Mervyn and Trish
Captain
Captain

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

We had a week at Bembridge in the Isle of Wight a few years back. Public rooms were tired but may have been updated by now. New rooms were lovely. Food and entertainment pretty good.

Topic author
Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

We thought that prices had risen quite lot, to pay or Studley Castle probably.
When you look at other hotels especially in places like Oxford or Bath, Warners is very reasonable.
Free wifi as well.
It suits us for what we want out of it, somewhere relaxing with a good choice of food and the bedrooms (the signature and royal suites) are excellent.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Whynd1 wrote:
07 Jan 2020, 11:20
We thought that prices had risen quite lot, to pay or Studley Castle probably.
When you look at other hotels especially in places like Oxford or Bath, Warners is very reasonable.
Free wifi as well.
It suits us for what we want out of it, somewhere relaxing with a good choice of food and the bedrooms (the signature and royal suites) are excellent.
I guess if we were both able bodied they might be something we would enjoy. But Pauline needs a couple of sea days to recover from the travelling, so the weekend would be over before we had begun to enjoy the facilities, and cruising does take us to guaranteed sunshine.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Topic author
Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

They do longer breaks 4 or 5 days. Not sure if they do a week.

Mervyn and Trish
Captain
Captain

Whynd1 wrote:
07 Jan 2020, 11:47
They do longer breaks 4 or 5 days. Not sure if they do a week.
I don't think they advertise it as weeks, but we did a four night midweek break followed by a three night weekend which added up to the same thing and was booked as seven nights in a single on line booking.

In fact just checking now the option of booking 7 nights is on the website and does what I said above, combining a 4 and a 3 into a single booking.
Last edited by Mervyn and Trish on 07 Jan 2020, 13:24, edited 1 time in total.

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

We had a Monday to Friday break at Sinah Warren, in the summer of 2018 and enjoyed the experience very much.

The check in process was well marshalled, and the cases were delivered to our rooms.

You book the zone of the entertainment venue shortly after making the reservation, and you are allocated your seats on arrival. This means you know your have your places for the evening entertainment, so you don't have to bolt your evening meal and rush off to get seats.

You are allocated a table in the dining room for your whole stay (loads of tables for 2, I don't think you'd have to share unless you really wanted to). The food was enjoyable. Coffee isn't included, but we went to the bar area afterwards and had coffee there, mostly sitting out on the terrace (it was that hot summer). Then we'd go to the evening entertainment.

One of the days, we did their coach excursion to Chichester, it was £10 each, and a coffee and cake was included in the price, for when you returned to the hotel. The coach also picked up guests from the nearby Warner's Lakeside Holiday Village. Lakeside didn't look as nice as Sinah Warren. It looked more of a holiday camp, and seemed quite cramped.

It's my 60th birthday in March, and we've booked a Friday to Monday break at Littlecote. Hopefully, on the Saturday, we'll be able to do a coach excursion (Marlborough has been mentioned). The Sunday is my birthday, so we've prebooked an afternoon tea.

Generally, if people like cruising, I think they'd probably like Warners.
Gill

Manoverboard
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Manoverboard »

Gill W wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 14:56
It's my 60th birthday in March, and we've booked a Friday to Monday break at Littlecote. Hopefully, on the Saturday, we'll be able to do a coach excursion (Marlborough has been mentioned). The Sunday is my birthday, so we've prebooked an afternoon tea ….
You could consider going a day early staying at The Bell in Ramsbury

ps ... Marlborough is a delightful place :thumbup: .

Topic author
Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Gill
We had the champagne afternoon tea last time we went.
There was enough to feed 4 people.
It was a lovely experience.

Lindsey

Mervyn and Trish
Captain
Captain

Gill W wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 14:56
Generally, if people like cruising, I think they'd probably like Warners.
Yes, unless they're Regent Seven Seas clients I think you're right. And no risk of missed ports!

Return to “General Chat”