A315N Fjords 28th June 2013

Arrange to meet other members whilst on a cruise on Azura

Topic author
JenniC
Ex Team Member

A315N Fjords 28th June 2013

Post by JenniC »

So we made the decision and finally, have booked our trip to Fjords! In the end we were so limited on dates, as there are now six of us going and with having to fit in with already booked holidays at work, AS level exams, taking and picking up kids from airport, cat sitting and not wanting to go in school holidays, June was our best option... So it was Azura or Oceana, choice on cabins was very limited on both, and as we had only returned from Caribbean three weeks ago, we all decided to book a Getaway fare on Azura (better for 17yr old grandson) in an inside cabin to save money :D As much as we would have loved a balcony it was not to be so we will just have to get up early and enjoy the views from the open decks.... Downside is we will probably get allocated in steerage :lol: I know we will have a wonderful time and as we are confirmed Freedom dining, there is no rush to get ready for dinner so we can always have a late afternoon siesta to make up for the early mornings on deck ;) Very excited....

Anyone else on this one, especially with a 16 - 18 year old.....?
Jenni

Holiday Planner
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: A315N Fjords 28th June 2013

Post by Holiday Planner »

Hi Jenni

Sadly we're not on this one, but our first cruise was on Azura to the fjords in 2010 at the same time of year as you are going - Steph had just finished her GCSEs. There weren't many 16-18 year olds on board, but they all enjoyed meeting up in the older bit of the Kids club and got to know each other really well. The youth team were quite informal with them as there were so few, and let them plan their own programme - Steph really loved it. The older teens would wrap up and go and watch the late night film on the seascreen tegether every night. There is also a fab room on Azura with Wii games and the like - much better for that particular age group than Ventura we thought.
Angela

Topic author
JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

Thanks Angela, Liam could not get anyone to come with him as most already had holidays booked and to be honest he was not too worried as he is looking forward to seeing the fjords and walking etc. He also loves the quizzes etc. Would just be nice if there were a few in his age group on board, I am sure there will be..... He has been on Azura before and so have we so he sort of knows the score... He also loves Sindhu and met Atul last time we were on Azura and on Feb 2nd he went to Benares with his Mum and Dad for his birthday and reckons it was the best meal he has ever had... So another visit to Sindhu is on the cards - we are so looking forward to this :D
Jenni

Topic author
JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

Hello... Is there anyone else on this one ...... Or can we have Sindhu to ourselves ..
Jenni

Topic author
JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

Thought I would resurrect this one again - for the third time and see if anyone else is joining us. From the look of the bookings on P&O website - not many ;)
Jenni

Topic author
JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

Fourth time resurrecting this one now and still seems no one else joining us and price has gone down again, so definately not selling.... Hope it is nothing personal ;)
Jenni

cruiseycruisey
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by cruiseycruisey »

Hi,

We are going. Two adults - sorry no children or teenagers... Just booked. Balcony cabin - C deck. Expensive, but I get sea sick so no choice as need mid ship.

Really looking forward to it - went on the Azura in Feb to the Caribbean so know her well. We are currently arranging a meet up with a couple of others on another site. Will let you know where, when etc... if you are up for it?

Topic author
JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

At last some more paxs was beginning to think we were on our own... Let us know if you arrange a meet.. We were on Ventura in Feb in Caribbean. Love Azura though and so looking forward to this cruise..... Just come back from Southampton where we had dinner with a couple we met on the GE last year at a meeting arranged on the old P&O forum... They have sailed for Fjords on Ventura today - hated leaving S'hampton for home with Ventura sitting at the Ocean Terminal :sick:
Jenni

cruiseycruisey
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by cruiseycruisey »

Hi JenniC

Yes - the plan is to meet in front of the Breakers Bar - on the stools (first flight of steps up overlooking the swimming pool). Meeting time is the first SailaWay from Southampton :-). There's a few of us I think.

I felt like that when I left the Azura in Barbados in Feb!

Topic author
JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

Yep know where you mean, spent a lot of time there lol. We will be there anyway as always are for sailaways. Catch up nearer the date :)
Jenni

Holiday Planner
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Holiday Planner »

I wish we were doing this one Jenni - it will be almost exactly 3 years since our first cruise whiich was to the Fjords on Azura! We've booked the first 2 weeks off in September, so hoping to pick something up them - possibly Ventura to Canaries, or Oceana to Med (both sailing 1st Sept) but I've also got my eye on a Queen Victoria cruise to the Baltic on 30th August and an Adventure of the Seas cruise to Iceland on 1st Sept ... choices; choices. Have a great time anyway, the Fjords are truly beautiful. I'm also looking forward to hearing how Dot enjoys the Fjords- hoping this cruise is incident free for them ;)
Angela

Return to “The Meeting Place - Azura”