any ideas which ships carnival want to dispose of

Topics that are specific to cruising

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Re: any ideas which ships carnival want to dispose of

Post by towny44 »

CaroleF wrote: 17 Jul 2020, 10:54
Our first cruise was with FO on Braemar back in 2003 and then we went back in the summer of 2018 same ship, same cabin, a Balcony Suite, which was about the size of a normal balcony cabin on Aurora. One of the troubles with Fred has always been the lack of balconies and the premium price they charge. I don't know the Holland America ships but I assume they have more balconies. Am I right in saying the two that are going to Fred are two of the R class ships, the same as the old Adonia that went to Azmara and is now Azmara Pursuit? The difference in time between our two Fred cruises, in the same cabin highlighted for us that we got much more for our money with P&O - definitely bigger cabins, much more entertainment. The food on Fred we thought was definitely better than P&O, the staff are excellent, always smiling, always helpful. Our 2018 cruise was a Round Britain cruise which was excellent. Because it was a Southampton/Southampton cruise the majority of passengers were elderly - I say this as someone who was 71 at the time, and felt quite young in comparison. I think, depending on the price we would certainly try one of the two 'new' ships. At the moment if P&O get rid of Arcadia and Aurora then it's Goodbye P&O. We have a cruise booked on Saga's Spirit of Discovery which was moved from this last Easter to next May, if it goes ahead! I wonder which ships Fred will get rid of assuming he needs to do this.

Carole
Just answering your query on the HAL class of ship being transferred to FO, they are not R class , but Rotterdam class, which was the forerunner of the Vista class of which Arcadia and the 2 smaller Cunard queens are types. Both are quite a bit smaller in size and passenger numbers, but probably more spacious because of that, they have only 1400 lower berths versus Auroras 1800, however the size is very similar. Both ships have 2 decks of balcony cabins, one of which is mainly suites. The deck plans are readily available online for you to peruse.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”