Do you know your manners

Chat about anything here
User avatar

Topic author
Onelife
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 6466
Joined: January 2013

Do you know your manners

Post by Onelife »

I found this quite interesting...

. https://www.thedailymeal.com/travel/bur ... -slideshow

User avatar

screwy
First Officer
First Officer
Posts: 1346
Joined: March 2013

Re: Do you know your manners

Post by screwy »

I always hold the door open for women,I tell them, it’s not cos your a lady, it’s cos I’m a gentleman.
Quo Fas et Gloria Ducunt

User avatar

Topic author
Onelife
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 6466
Joined: January 2013

Re: Do you know your manners

Post by Onelife »

screwy wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 20:03
I always hold the door open for women,I tell them, it’s not cos your a lady, it’s cos I’m a gentleman.
The way to go screwy :thumbup:

What goes around comes around…having reached 66 I’m now finding that the ladies are opening doors for me :cry:

User avatar

Mervyn and Trish
Captain
Captain
Posts: 11201
Joined: February 2013

Re: Do you know your manners

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

It's when people on buses stand up for me I feel.old...

User avatar

Jan Rosser
First Officer
First Officer
Posts: 1985
Joined: January 2013
Location: South Wales

Re: Do you know your manners

Post by Jan Rosser »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 20:49
It's when people on buses stand up for me I feel.old...
Same here Merv on the train - on the one hand I’m grateful for a seat but then I think oh gawd I’m old :(
Janis

User avatar

Topic author
Onelife
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 6466
Joined: January 2013

Re: Do you know your manners

Post by Onelife »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 20:49
It's when people on buses stand up for me I feel.old...
I haven’t been on a bus for years but I do get a lot of drivers waving to me when I’m pottering along in my car…how nice is that :think: :)

User avatar

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6588
Joined: January 2012
Location: Lancashire

Re: Do you know your manners

Post by david63 »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 20:49
It's when people on buses stand up for me I feel.old...
For me it's when your granddaughter orders a taxi for us and makes sure we are getting in the right one!

User avatar

Manoverboard
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 9476
Joined: January 2013
Location: Dorset

Re: Do you know your manners

Post by Manoverboard »

Absolutely ....

I always say ' Thank You ' rather than ' Good God ' when Mobietta picks up the tab for our Sunday Lunch at the pub ... :angel:
Moby or Mob is far easier to type ...

User avatar

Stephen
Captain
Captain
Posts: 11278
Joined: January 2013
Location: Down Souf. The civilised end of the country :)

Re: Do you know your manners

Post by Stephen »

Manoverboard wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 06:28
Absolutely ....

I always say ' Thank You ' rather than ' Good God ' when Mobietta picks up the tab for our Sunday Lunch at the pub ... :angel:
I like your style :thumbup:


cruisin_duo
Second Officer
Second Officer
Posts: 277
Joined: August 2013

Re: Do you know your manners

Post by cruisin_duo »

Onelife wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 21:08
Mervyn and Trish wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 20:49
It's when people on buses stand up for me I feel.old...
I haven’t been on a bus for years but I do get a lot of drivers waving to me when I’m pottering along in my car…how nice is that :think: :)
Thank you Onelife that did make us laugh.

User avatar

screwy
First Officer
First Officer
Posts: 1346
Joined: March 2013

Re: Do you know your manners

Post by screwy »

cruisin_duo wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 10:21
Onelife wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 21:08
Mervyn and Trish wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 20:49
It's when people on buses stand up for me I feel.old...
I haven’t been on a bus for years but I do get a lot of drivers waving to me when I’m pottering along in my car…how nice is that :think: :)
Thank you Onelife that did make us laugh.
So your the one I get stuck behind on the A49,when travelling down to Ledbury.🤬🤬
Quo Fas et Gloria Ducunt

User avatar

Topic author
Onelife
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 6466
Joined: January 2013

Re: Do you know your manners

Post by Onelife »

cruisin_duo wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 10:21
Onelife wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 21:08
Mervyn and Trish wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 20:49
It's when people on buses stand up for me I feel.old...
I haven’t been on a bus for years but I do get a lot of drivers waving to me when I’m pottering along in my car…how nice is that :think: :)
Thank you Onelife that did make us laugh.
Hi Cruisin…the funny thing is…when I wave back at them, they get very excited and start jumping up and down in their seat…I’ve made a lots of friends this way :thumbup: ;)

:wave:
Last edited by Onelife on 01 Jul 2020, 11:59, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar

Topic author
Onelife
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 6466
Joined: January 2013

Re: Do you know your manners

Post by Onelife »

screwy wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 10:43
cruisin_duo wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 10:21
Onelife wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 21:08


I haven’t been on a bus for years but I do get a lot of drivers waving to me when I’m pottering along in my car…how nice is that :think: :)
Thank you Onelife that did make us laugh.
So your the one I get stuck behind on the A49,when travelling down to Ledbury.🤬🤬
More than likely Screwy, but if you should bump into another snowflake you could make a slight detour off the A49 and come for a glass of Jubel at my place…I live but three miles off the A 49. :thumbup: :wave:

User avatar

screwy
First Officer
First Officer
Posts: 1346
Joined: March 2013

Re: Do you know your manners

Post by screwy »

Chocolates included.?
Quo Fas et Gloria Ducunt

User avatar

Topic author
Onelife
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 6466
Joined: January 2013

Re: Do you know your manners

Post by Onelife »

screwy wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 13:59
Chocolates included.?
Fat chance of getting any chocolates from me :lol: … I could however rustle up a baguette... bring you're own napkins :thumbup:

User avatar

Stephen
Captain
Captain
Posts: 11278
Joined: January 2013
Location: Down Souf. The civilised end of the country :)

Re: Do you know your manners

Post by Stephen »

screwy wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 10:43
cruisin_duo wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 10:21
Onelife wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 21:08


I haven’t been on a bus for years but I do get a lot of drivers waving to me when I’m pottering along in my car…how nice is that :think: :)
Thank you Onelife that did make us laugh.
So your the one I get stuck behind on the A49,when travelling down to Ledbury.🤬🤬

His nickname is Miss Daisy

User avatar

Topic author
Onelife
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 6466
Joined: January 2013

Re: Do you know your manners

Post by Onelife »

Stephen wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 16:03
screwy wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 10:43
cruisin_duo wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 10:21


Thank you Onelife that did make us laugh.
So your the one I get stuck behind on the A49,when travelling down to Ledbury.🤬🤬

His nickname is Miss Daisy
Only when I’ve caused an accident behind me :lol:

User avatar

Ray B
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer
Posts: 759
Joined: January 2013

Re: Do you know your manners

Post by Ray B »

When I mention that burping and slurping is good manners in some countries while we are driving down to Southampton, my good lady replies "you better NOT show me up at dinner". It's not a request, it's a command.
We always use tradition when 'passing the Port' At Christmas. It does draw the attention when it has come to a stop, and do you know the bishop comes into play. Very relaxing and fun.
In case you are on my table, I am very well behaved. 😇
Don't worry, be happy

User avatar

Topic author
Onelife
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 6466
Joined: January 2013

Re: Do you know your manners

Post by Onelife »

Ray B wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 19:23
When I mention that burping and slurping is good manners in some countries while we are driving down to Southampton, my good lady replies "you better NOT show me up at dinner". It's not a request, it's a command.
We always use tradition when 'passing the Port' At Christmas. It does draw the attention when it has come to a stop, and do you know the bishop comes into play. Very relaxing and fun.
In case you are on my table, I am very well behaved. 😇
I do wonder what some of us men would be like not having our wives keeping us on the straight and narrow…as you can imagine its been an uphill battle for my poor wife ;) :)

User avatar

Stephen
Captain
Captain
Posts: 11278
Joined: January 2013
Location: Down Souf. The civilised end of the country :)

Re: Do you know your manners

Post by Stephen »

Onelife wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 22:21
Ray B wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 19:23
When I mention that burping and slurping is good manners in some countries while we are driving down to Southampton, my good lady replies "you better NOT show me up at dinner". It's not a request, it's a command.
We always use tradition when 'passing the Port' At Christmas. It does draw the attention when it has come to a stop, and do you know the bishop comes into play. Very relaxing and fun.
In case you are on my table, I am very well behaved. 😇
I do wonder what some of us men would be like not having our wives keeping us on the straight and narrow…as you can imagine its been an uphill battle for my poor wife ;) :)


Happy probably ;)

User avatar

Manoverboard
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 9476
Joined: January 2013
Location: Dorset

Re: Do you know your manners

Post by Manoverboard »

Stephen wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 07:19
Happy probably ;)
Quite possibly ... but who would do the washing up and clean the bogs :?
Moby or Mob is far easier to type ...

User avatar

oldbluefox
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 7745
Joined: January 2013
Location: Cumbria

Re: Do you know your manners

Post by oldbluefox »

Onelife wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 22:21

I do wonder what some of us men would be like not having our wives keeping us on the straight and narrow…as you can imagine its been an uphill battle for my poor wife ;) :)
You could leave the toilet seat up.

User avatar

Topic author
Onelife
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 6466
Joined: January 2013

Re: Do you know your manners

Post by Onelife »

oldbluefox wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 09:15
Onelife wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 22:21

I do wonder what some of us men would be like not having our wives keeping us on the straight and narrow…as you can imagine its been an uphill battle for my poor wife ;) :)
You could leave the toilet seat up.
Ah!...so that’s why my wife is always telling me to clean up behind me :oops:

User avatar

screwy
First Officer
First Officer
Posts: 1346
Joined: March 2013

Re: Do you know your manners

Post by screwy »

oldbluefox wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 09:15
Onelife wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 22:21

I do wonder what some of us men would be like not having our wives keeping us on the straight and narrow…as you can imagine its been an uphill battle for my poor wife ;) :)
You could leave the toilet seat up.
But it’s uncomfortable when you sit for a number 2.!
Quo Fas et Gloria Ducunt

User avatar

Stephen
Captain
Captain
Posts: 11278
Joined: January 2013
Location: Down Souf. The civilised end of the country :)

Re: Do you know your manners

Post by Stephen »

Manoverboard wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 08:32
Stephen wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 07:19
Happy probably ;)
Quite possibly ... but who would do the washing up and clean the bogs :?

Have a dishwasher a bottle of bleach :D

User avatar

Stephen
Captain
Captain
Posts: 11278
Joined: January 2013
Location: Down Souf. The civilised end of the country :)

Re: Do you know your manners

Post by Stephen »

screwy wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 09:33
oldbluefox wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 09:15
Onelife wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 22:21

I do wonder what some of us men would be like not having our wives keeping us on the straight and narrow…as you can imagine its been an uphill battle for my poor wife ;) :)
You could leave the toilet seat up.
But it’s uncomfortable when you sit for a number 2.!

We thought we'd gone all posh when we were kids when we got a loo seat. It takes the edge off that bucket I can tell you :D

User avatar

Manoverboard
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain
Posts: 9476
Joined: January 2013
Location: Dorset

Re: Do you know your manners

Post by Manoverboard »

screwy wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 09:33
oldbluefox wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 09:15
Onelife wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 22:21

I do wonder what some of us men would be like not having our wives keeping us on the straight and narrow…as you can imagine its been an uphill battle for my poor wife ;) :)
You could leave the toilet seat up.
But it’s uncomfortable when you sit for a number 2.!
Then use a different toilet .... you stupid boy Pike ( No 2) ;)
Moby or Mob is far easier to type ...

Return to “General Chat”