This is first and foremost safe DIY Cruising

Topics that are specific to cruising

Topic author
Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

This is first and foremost safe DIY Cruising

Post by Manoverboard »

As an alternative to cruising with P&O why not go DIY and hire the entire ship for a few days and explore or stay put near Oban, Scotland ?
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Re: This is first and foremost safe DIY Cruising

Post by Onelife »

Sounds great at not to an expensive price :thumbup: …I wonder if they allow self-drive cos, I’m a Deputy Captain available for hire…. as always, it’ll be me first, women and children latter should we run into any problems :lol:

Topic author
Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Onelife wrote: 09 Sep 2020, 13:13
Sounds great at not to an expensive price :thumbup: …I wonder if they allow self-drive cos, I’m a Deputy Captain available for hire…. as always, it’ll be me first, women and children latter should we run into any problems :lol:
You're exactly the sort of Deputy Captain they are looking for cos it doesn't leave Port .... perfick :thumbup:

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Manoverboard wrote: 09 Sep 2020, 13:37
You're exactly the sort of Deputy Captain they are looking for cos it doesn't leave Port .... perfick :thumbup:
Ahh, but do they offer full board, well stocked bars, plenty of entertainment venues and do they put a choccy on my pillow after evening turn down service?
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Topic author
Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

towny44 wrote: 09 Sep 2020, 15:26
Ahh, but do they offer full board, well stocked bars, plenty of entertainment venues and do they put a choccy on my pillow after evening turn down service?
Full board is a la Towny and exactly what you wish to have because you will be bringing it with you albeit you could go out for fantastic seafood meals if it suited. The bar will have what you chose to put in it and at a mere fraction of the Calamity prices. There are local venues for entertainment or you can simply sit on the boat with a large G&T and admire the scenery. Offers in Waitrose for Lindt products will afford truffles for less than a fiver for the duration.

What's not to like and especially for you with a short journey to Oban .... book a week before the others get onto it :thumbup:

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Manoverboard wrote: 09 Sep 2020, 16:12
towny44 wrote: 09 Sep 2020, 15:26

Full board is a la Towny and exactly what you wish to have because you will be bringing it with you albeit you could go out for fantastic seafood meals if it suited. The bar will have what you chose to put in it and at a mere fraction of the Calamity prices. There are local venues for entertainment or you can simply sit on the boat with a large G&T and admire the scenery. Offers in Waitrose for Lindt products will afford truffles for less than a fiver for the duration.

What's not to like and especially for you with a short journey to Oban .... book a week before the others get onto it :thumbup:
Just get on and book it Mob and I'll bring the chocolates :thumbup:

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Sounds great at not to an expensive price :thumbup:I wonder if they allow self-drive cos, I’m a Deputy Captain available for hire…. as always, it’ll be me first, women and children latter should we run into any problems :lol:

You couldn't drive a nail into a bit of wood :D

Topic author
Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Onelife wrote: 09 Sep 2020, 18:40
I'll be sticking with the Lindt chocolates if that's ok but a half a dozen large fresh eggs would be sueful :wave:

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Manoverboard wrote: 10 Sep 2020, 08:16
I'll be sticking with the Lindt chocolates if that's ok but a half a dozen large fresh eggs would be sueful :wave:
Keep those puns up and you’ll soon be up there with me and Stephen :thumbup: :D

Topic author
Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Onelife wrote: 10 Sep 2020, 09:29
Never mind the nit-picking ..... are you going to bring the eggs or not :roll:

ps .... it's spelt ' soufflle ' ;)

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Manoverboard wrote: 10 Sep 2020, 15:05
Onelife wrote: 10 Sep 2020, 09:29

Never mind the nit-picking ..... are you going to bring the eggs or not :roll:

ps .... it's spelt ' soufflle ' ;)
Hi Mob…I can think of no one less lightly to do any nit picking with regards spelling regardless of intention…you clearly weren’t tuned in to my interpretation of your use of ‘sue-ful’..I thought you were referring to Susie the chicken?.

P’s.. you send the tickets, then I’ll bring the eggs :thumbup: :wave:

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”