P&O Update

Topics relating to P&O

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

P&O Update

Post by Stephen »

Some may have seen this some not. Here's an update from the boss.

https://www.facebook.com/pandocruises/v ... 225814293/

cruisin_duo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: P&O Update

Post by cruisin_duo »

Thank you for that Stephen.

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

Cheers 👍
It not even looking that promising for next year, is it?
Empty vessels .. and all that

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

What I expected to be honest - we cancelled our Christmas cruise a few weeks ago when the balance was due - we just weren't happy about going and the cruise we transferred the deposit to in April 2021 is very much in the balance too. All very sad - spending time with the family who share my love of cruising is restricted now with the shutdown in my borough too.
Janis

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

We’re going to pay the balance of our end of May cruise, N111. In February. If it goes ahead,good,if not we’ll get the refund. Fly cruise on Azura in September,(maybe) we’ll see if that goes.
Mel

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

We are in two minds about our July cruise. Will see how the land lies when the balance is due, but at the moment I'm not holding my breath as the goal posts are forever moving.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

We have asked for a refund for our Feb Iona cruise, because it was almost fully paid, having been transferred from our cancelled April cruise. By the time P&O refund the money they will have had hold of it almost 12 months.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

I am not sure about my April cruise on Arcadia. The balance is due at the end of December.
I am reluctant to pay and then if its cancelled have to go through all the bother of claiming it all back. After last April's fiasco I had to wait just over 14 weeks.
If it goes ahead with all the measures put in place for your safety will it be the cruise experience you would wish for.

4 nights at a hotel is manageable but 16 nights in a cruise is a bit different.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Anyone on here had an e-mail from P&O saying they are reducing the balance period to 30days. Quite a few on CC have had them for their upcoming cruises, the latest cruises at present seem to be for June, whether we should read anything into that I don't know.
John

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

I've not had one, yet.

I would make a guess that there is still a lot of uncertainty about when cruising will resume and by reducing the balance period there is a chance that they may retain some bookings.

We have a cruise booked in August with the balance due in May but we will probably be moving the deposit anyway.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

david63 wrote: 08 Jan 2021, 08:14
I've not had one, yet.

I would make a guess that there is still a lot of uncertainty about when cruising will resume and by reducing the balance period there is a chance that they may retain some bookings.

We have a cruise booked in August with the balance due in May but we will probably be moving the deposit anyway.
As I said in my post, I think they are only sending e-mails out so far for cruises due to sail by the end of June.
John

Return to “P&O”