P&O Share/Onboard Credit

Topics relating to P&O

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

P&O Share/Onboard Credit

Post by Stephen »

For the share holders among us, don't assume that any additional on-board credit will be automatically added to your booking.

Whether this is something new or not neither I nor my travel agent knew.

I had an email from my travel agent today saying that P&O are requiring proof of share ownership before they will add extra on-board credit to the booking. I spoke to my travel agent about it saying I assumed once a copy of the shares were sent and registered with P&O that was it, but apparently not.

And I quote:

'Provide proof of ownership of Carnival plc stock or securities to Carnival UK. Examples of proof of ownership that will be accepted include dividend stubs, proxy statements or nominee statements. Please be sure to redact or otherwise black out your brokerage account number and all unrelated information about other investments before emailing any documents. Carnival plc is NOT responsible for financial information that has not been blacked out or deleted on documentation you submit to us.
Proof provided must include your full name, the number of carnival shares held and must be dated within the last 3 months.
To ensure your security is not compromised you will be required to provide updated proof of shares prior to each cruise departure All information received is deleted/shredded once viewed. We therefore highly recommend guests submit copies rather than any original document, as original documents will NOT be returned'.
Last edited by Stephen on 12 Feb 2021, 16:54, edited 2 times in total.

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Re: P&O Share/Onboard Credit

Post by Kendhni »

I thought it always was the case that you had to provide proof

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

As I said, it was news to me and my travel agent.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

I’ve always had to provide a screenshot of my share holding.
Gill

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

It's all a bit moot at present as no ships are sailing, and of course the annual report may decide not to make any payouts over the next year, and as Ken said this has always been the case for people with shares held in nominee accounts.
However I thought once you had registered your hard copy shares, your entitlement was checked on the register.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

BrianI
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by BrianI »

It has always been the case that you need to prove that you currently own the shares.
If, like me, you own the shares in a nominee account, you have to submit a copy of your account statement.
If you hold your shares as a certificate, I have always understood that you have to send a copy of your share certificate the first time you claim. For any subsequent claim they can check your holding against the share registry so you don’t have to submit the certificate again.

Maybe this has changed.

Brian

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

towny44 wrote: 12 Feb 2021, 18:03
It's all a bit moot at present as no ships are sailing, and of course the annual report may decide not to make any payouts over the next year, and as Ken said this has always been the case for people with shares held in nominee accounts.
However I thought once you had registered your hard copy shares, your entitlement was checked on the register.
My thoughts too.

Ranchi
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Ranchi »

Possibly just for academic interest at present, if you send a screenshot of your holding in a nominee account then redact your account number.

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

towny44 wrote: 12 Feb 2021, 18:03

I think you may be right John. I just had an email update from P&O.

We are waiting for the Annual Report to be published which will confirm the benefit values.

The Annual report should be published by 31st March 2021. Therefore, we kindly ask that you please reapply after this date, once your cruise balance has been paid and no later than three weeks prior to your departure’.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

I see that Carnival shares are back to where they were 12 months ago - around £17 as I post

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

david63 wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 11:48
I see that Carnival shares are back to where they were 12 months ago - around £17 as I post
Yep :thumbup:

https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-sear ... ry-usd1.66

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

Stephen wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 12:18
david63 wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 11:48
Yep :thumbup:

https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-sear ... ry-usd1.66
Fortunately we both bought near the bottom 👍
Empty vessels .. and all that

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

Need to double that price for me.🤬
Mel

Topic author