Quartet.

An area to discuss any books you have read, films that you have seen or television programmes

Topic author
wolfie
First Officer
First Officer

Quartet.

Post by wolfie »

A thoroughly delightful film.

Don't be put off by the fact that it is set in a retirement home for musicians if you are not a fan of classical music. This is just a small part of the theme which is really a love story.

Beautiful setting and fantastic main characters who I thought did not 'act' but played themselves for the most part.

Directed by Dustin Hoffman, who, when interviewed last week on the radio, said that that was exactly what he asked of them.........do not make up a charcter for your part, be yourselves.

Next stop, film critic wolfie!

Wobgoescruising
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Quartet.

Post by Wobgoescruising »

I saw it last week and anybody who moans about Arcadia being full of old people would laugh - my friend and I are both 50 this year and we really were the youngest in the audience !. I thought it was an ok film but not sure I'd recommend it. A nice story but it could have been over and done with in half an hour. Maggie Smith played the same character she always plays and Billy Connolly just didn't work for me I'm afraid, he seemed to be trying too hard.
Anyway, it was pleasant enough but no award from me I'm afraid.

Return to “Book, Film & TV Club”