WORDLE

Keep all games together

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Re: WORDLE

Post by CaroleF »

I thought there was just a chance I might get it in two today, no. Then on the third attempt I watched the squares turn green and I thought, yes three not too bad but then the final letter went black! Just for a minute I couldn't think what on earth the final letter could be as the first four were, shall we say, unusual but then I realised, so it was four today, not two, not even three.

Carole

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

I see it's getting on for a year since I last tackled Wordle. Today I decided to see if it's still operating - it is. It has changed slightly in that it now offers an analysis of your attempt, I found it really interesting. My first attempt in nearly a year and I did it in three, not bad I thought. I'd almost forgotten about it and thought it might now charge for entry and although it tries to encourage you to subscribe to the New York Times it is still possible to tackle the puzzle without a subscription.

Carole

Topic author
Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Hi Carole I’m still doing Wordle - never stopped but had to join the NY Times site to get it after it was sold on. I’m not tempted to subscribe either. I rarely fail but get a “phew” now and again - remembering it’s an American site helps sometimes with the spelling!
Janis

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

I use the same starter word every day

today I solved the puzzle in ONE attempt - so clearly time for a new starter word!

have you tried Quordle?
Meg
x

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

I've never managed it in one. Looking at the records the NYT have I've managed it in two, three times. No I've never looked at Quordle. Will have a look.

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

I found quordle hard until I read somewhere that one should - initially at any rate - concentrate on one word at a time rather than 'scattergunning'
You get 9 goes to get 4 words.
I manage it most, though by no means all, days
Meg
x

Cruzeroqueen1
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Cruzeroqueen1 »

Have you Wordle fans tried Quordle? Same as Wordle but playing 4 boards at the same time - great fun!

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Anyone still doing this?

I am on a 260 run

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

I've not done it for weeks

Topic author
Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

I’m still doing it. That’s quite an achievement David - before the run I’m on now I had completed 117 then had one of those words I hate with so many alternatives and failed to choose the right word :roll:
Janis

cruisin_duo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by cruisin_duo »

Still doing it. Complete it on different devices, but have been completing it since lockdown, and compete with family.

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

A few months ago I did go back and tackle Wordle for a few days then forgot about it again. Maybe now I'll go back and have another look. Did I read a few days ago that Quordle was ending, or did I dream that?

Carole

Return to “Games”