lido deck high fwd cabin

Discussions about anything related to Oceana

Topic author
greenfish187
Cadet
Cadet

lido deck high fwd cabin

Post by greenfish187 »

Can anyone tell me if the gc cabins lido deck high fwd are noisy being below the plaza.thanks in advance

sunseeker16
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: lido deck high fwd cabin

Post by sunseeker16 »

We were in L303, right at the front, immediately behind the bridge (we watched a wedding in there from our balcony!)
No problems, no noise, not really a thoroughfare except a few officers going to the bridge. It was a lovely location

Without wishing to step on anyone's toes, it's a bit of a shot in the dark asking about cabins on this fairly small forum, or expecting to find reviews of your particular cabin

There is already a website, totally independent, as far as I know, where passengers post their cabin reviews and you can do a search. If everyone completed a review (2 minutes) after their cruises it would become a really useful resource. Have a look at yourcruisecabin dot something (uncle google will know) - you'll certainly find my review of the Lido deck cabin - perhaps someone has done one for the exact cabin you will have?

Topic author
greenfish187
Cadet
Cadet

Post by greenfish187 »

Thanks,i have not been issued with a cabin number as yet(getaway fare)i know its gc grade and see from the deck plans some cabins are under the plaza so just wondered if you would hear any noise from above

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

We've been up there and there wasn't a problem with noise. We were port side and there was quite a bit of smoke from the nicotine junkies in the sheltered area on the others side of the doors. The advantage of this deck is that there are fewer cabins so reclaiming you luggage on disembarkation is easier.

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

We're in L341 and find it very noisy. There is a lot of 'fan' noise - possibly the aircon. There is also a lot of banging and crashing from the Plaza galley around 2330 hrs - last night I was aware of other noises above me in the wee small hours. I havrn't had a decent night's sleep on this cruise (still enjoying it though!)
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Not so ancient mariner
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Not so ancient mariner »

We had cabin L344 on the previous cruise (E303), and while we heard several people with cabins on Lido deck complaining about the noise from the Plaza, we heard nothing. Perhaps because we had a balcony cabin, and so were well away from the galley area where you might expect potentially noisy activity.

Topic author
greenfish187
Cadet
Cadet

Post by greenfish187 »

We have been allocated b228 and the outlaws b235 no review for either cabin on that reccommmended site

Not so ancient mariner
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Not so ancient mariner »

Since you have two decks of cabins both above and below you, I don't expect you will get much extraneous noise from public areas such as bars or restuarants, and being quite far forward, you shouldn't get much traffic going past your door. If you go forward from your cabin to the end of the corridor, you will be faced with an unmarked door. Go through it and you will find another door leading out to largely unknown and unused forward facing deck area just below the bridge. Very nice in good weather, but can be windy (and often wet) if the weather is at all rough. You may find it closed in those conditions. There is another one on A deck immediately above.

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

Not so ancient mariner wrote:
Since you have two decks of cabins both above and below you, I don't expect you will get much extraneous noise from public areas such as bars or restuarants, and being quite far forward, you shouldn't get much traffic going past your door. If you go forward from your cabin to the end of the corridor, you will be faced with an unmarked door. Go through it and you will find another door leading out to largely unknown and unused forward facing deck area just below the bridge. Very nice in good weather, but can be windy (and often wet) if the weather is at all rough. You may find it closed in those conditions. There is another one on A deck immediately above.
Rats - someone put a "Crew only" notice on the door, I was looking for that deck balcony!
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Rambling Rose
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Rambling Rose »

We had a lido balcony cabin for the 175 celebrations, no noise at all from above and on that occasion we were glad of the slight overhang above - a great asset when viewing the ships leaving Southampton - dry as a bone, unlike other poor souls.

Return to “About Oceana”