Fred

Topics that are specific to cruising

Topic author
Ranchi
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Fred

Post by Ranchi »

I post from P&O popped up on FB yesterday stating that the full fleet is now operational. I dropped into South Queensferry at the weekend and saw there were at least two Fred Olsen ships still tied up across at Rosyth. Just wondering what Fred’s policy is at the minute.

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Fred

Post by Happydays »

Hi Ranchi,
FO Braemar has had all cruises cancelled this year I think it's about March next year before it's going to start sailing again. At one point it was this year but after Borealis (I think) had to cut short their round trip to the Caribbean because number of covid cases was relatively high and of course they didn't have the option of using QV for positive cases. So Braemar isn't sailing and the others had changes made to pick-up some of Braemars cruises there were a lot of cruises cancelled one of ours included! We were meant to be going on Balmoral "Scottish Islands" in August (?) but we're now going on Borealis for eight nights in June very similar itinerary. Balmorals first cruise is 2 May.
We were on Borealis last year in August and had a good time.

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

Should have mentioned that so far you have to have had your vaccines and booster (now) and LFT test before boarding. Wear masks when walking indoors bur not outside or while seated. Social distance while seated they had seats with cards on for out of use and not to move chairs if you're part of a bubble and want to sit together staff will move the chairs for you. Buffet was served , waiters made all the drinks and took them to you actually I liked that instead of the scrum at the drinks area ;)
Dancing was allowed with your partner no mask required. The wrist band tracker you were given at check in had to be worn or carried with you when leaving the cabin we carried it as it was too big for my wrist it flashed blue (briefly) when you were near someone seemingly red if they were positive but I don't know if that was true I certainly never saw any red.
If there's any changes we will be informed approximately three weeks before we go.

Topic author
Ranchi
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Ranchi »

Thanks for that, Happy Days. We’ve sailed the west of Scotland and the views are stunning. Enjoy your cruise.

RAwllE-12
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by RAwllE-12 »

P.O Aurora.
Just been informed that our cruise on the Aurora for 21st June has been cancelled. She is going into dry dock for a Covid upgrade.
A full refund, as well as further cruise credit plus an extra £100 p.p onboard credit on any new cruise, booked.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

RAwllE-12 wrote: 28 Mar 2022, 17:00
P.O Aurora.
Just been informed that our cruise on the Aurora for 21st June has been cancelled. She is going into dry dock for a Covid upgrade.
A full refund, as well as further cruise credit plus an extra £100 p.p onboard credit on any new cruise, booked.

A Covid upgrade :eh:

What are they giving her, a second booster ;) …..or upgrading the air circulation system.

You would have thought they would have done all things Covid related when she went in for her refit.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Stephen wrote: 29 Mar 2022, 08:10
RAwllE-12 wrote: 28 Mar 2022, 17:00
P.O Aurora.

A Covid upgrade :eh:

What are they giving her, a second booster ;) …..or upgrading the air circulation system.

You would have thought they would have done all things Covid related when she went in for her refit.
Our mole on CC says that there was insufficient time to complete all the dry dock requirements prior to this first cruise, and this slot became available at short notice.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”