headliners/cruise director/horizon grill

Discussions about anything related to Oceana

Topic author
greenfish187
Cadet
Cadet

headliners/cruise director/horizon grill

Post by greenfish187 »

Does anyone know who the headliners and cruise director will be in april also i have read a few negative reports about cafe jardin is the horizon grill better and in inclement weather can you sit inside.
Its a few years since i have been on oceana and sat outside in the horizon,many thanks in advance and isn't this site great so much better then the old one .well done

Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Re: headliners/cruise director/horizon grill

Post by Romig1 »

Hi greenfish187

Can't help on the Headliners/Cd question...I don't bother all that much about that.

I prefer Horizon Grill to Cafe Jardin - although the last meal we had in Cafe Jardin was ok.

If the weather is poor (or on colder weather cruises) part of the Plaza is converted into an indoor venue for the Horizon Grill. It is kept completely separate from the rest of the room - so it doesn't feel like you're eating in the buffet. They also provide the nice table linen etc that you would expect.

HK phooey
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by HK phooey »

Greenfish, the CD in Jan/FEb was Nigel someone, can't for the life of me remember his surname but he was orange. Cafe Jardin serves mainly pizza in the evening but the Horizon Grill is nice (tell them you like your chips well done) otherwise they're al dente :D

Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Romig1 »

HK phooey wrote:
Greenfish, the CD in Jan/FEb was Nigel someone, can't for the life of me remember his surname but he was orange. Cafe Jardin serves mainly pizza in the evening but the Horizon Grill is nice (tell them you like your chips well done) otherwise they're al dente :D
Nigel Travis/Travers?

makina
Cadet
Cadet

Post by makina »

Cant help with the 1st part but can with the 2nd. We came off oceana on saturday, Cafe Jardin isnt worth the cover charge. We were originally going to have an evening meal in there after we got married but when we read the menu we decided against that as we didnt feel pizza was suitable for such an occasion. I believe from others that the brekkie is good though. Horizon grill was superb, we sat outside and had an amazing steak if the weather isnt great part of the plaza is sectioned off and tables moved inside. Hope that helps

HK phooey
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by HK phooey »

He's an actor isn't he? Audrey's boyfriend in Corrie.

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

Greenfish, if you haven't already done so, look at the Cafe Jardin thread, page 3. The current evening menu is there. It's worth paying the extra to eat in Horizons. CJ is too noisy. The staff, howver, especially head waiter Dennis, are excellent.
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

Current CD is a lass - Leanne Taylor.
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Looks like it's brightened up nicely in Cartagena, SS - hope it's warmed up a bit too !

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

Appearances can be deceiving, cubie. It's unpleasantly cool and windy.

Gib today is cool and dull with showers coming... Just to get us in the mood for the homecoming!
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

welshynurse
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by welshynurse »

CD was Leanne can't remember her surname. Good CD, really approachable and friendly. Headliners were brilliant, all really good singers and the dancers were great - even manged the Dirty Dancing lift in rocky conditions1

Didn't try either select dining place in the evening. Cafe Jardin was nice for lunch, good menu choice. Also good for bedtime snacks. The staff were lovely and remembered what drinks we wanted after a couple of nights

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

welshynurse wrote:
CD was Leanne can't remember her surname. Good CD, really approachable and friendly. Headliners were brilliant, all really good singers and the dancers were great - even manged the Dirty Dancing lift in rocky conditions1

Didn't try either select dining place in the evening. Cafe Jardin was nice for lunch, good menu choice. Also good for bedtime snacks. The staff were lovely and remembered what drinks we wanted after a couple of nights
Leanne's surname is Taylor.

I copied out the Menu B for Cafe Jardin, will post it later.
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Return to “About Oceana”