Childrens drinks package

Topics relating to P&O

Topic author
Vaughan53
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Childrens drinks package

Post by Vaughan53 »

I’ve been trying to book the childrens drinks package for our two grandchildren but it won’t allow me to unless I purchase a drinks package for myself and my wife which I don’t want has anyone had the same problem?

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Re: Childrens drinks package

Post by Kendhni »

I believe this is doable, could be a glitch in the system ... you could just leave it until you are onboard.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

If I am not mistaken all passengers in a cabin have to have the drinks package - the only exception is that if the adults take the "adult" drinks package the children's is thrown in for free.

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

david63 wrote: 25 Apr 2022, 13:01
If I am not mistaken all passengers in a cabin have to have the drinks package
I don't think that is correct in relation to the childrens package, David. According to the P&O FAQs
https://www.pocruises.com/frequently-as ... es.summary

"Children can have the Children's package independently of their parents. There is no requirement for adults in the same cabin to also purchase a package."
Last edited by Kendhni on 25 Apr 2022, 13:06, edited 2 times in total.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Kendhni wrote: 25 Apr 2022, 13:05
I don't think that is correct in relation to the childrens package, David. According to the P&O FAQs

"Children can have the Children's package independently of their parents. There is no requirement for adults in the same cabin to also purchase a package."
I agree with all of that but that information may possibly be out of date. If you go into the "Drinks packages" from My Cruises it says "Adults, Children and Infants | £7.95 per day" - implying that it is also for adults.

I suspect that some "adults" may have been having drinks from their offspring's package, having found a loophole in the system.

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

david63 wrote: 25 Apr 2022, 13:21
Kendhni wrote: 25 Apr 2022, 13:05

I agree with all of that but that information may possibly be out of date. If you go into the "Drinks packages" from My Cruises it says "Adults, Children and Infants | £7.95 per day" - implying that it is also for adults.

I suspect that some "adults" may have been having drinks from their offspring's package, having found a loophole in the system.
That Adults, Children and infants' package is not available to adults ... I tried to get it last cruise and they told me it was for children only.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Kendhni wrote: 25 Apr 2022, 13:29
That Adults, Children and infants' package is not available to adults ... I tried to get it last cruise and they told me it was for children only.
Just tried it and it allowed me to put it into my basket, and apply Peninsular discount to it, so perhaps the rules have changed - or Carnival's IT has screwed up once again!

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Interesting ... I must try ordering it online for September and see if it grants it to me.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

david63 wrote: 25 Apr 2022, 13:43
Kendhni wrote: 25 Apr 2022, 13:29
Just tried it and it allowed me to put it into my basket, and apply Peninsular discount to it, so perhaps the rules have changed - or Carnival's IT has screwed up once again!
What an unlikely suggestion :crazy:

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

So, in answer to the original question, no one seems to know.
Don't worry, be happy

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

I checked with a friend who said that last time she cruised (pre COVID) she was able to buy a drinks package for her children but her and hubby did not need one. So I think the P&O FAQ in my earlier answer is probably correct.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Kendhni wrote: 28 Apr 2022, 07:59
I checked with a friend who said that last time she cruised (pre COVID) she was able to buy a drinks package for her children but her and hubby did not need one. So I think the P&O FAQ in my earlier answer is probably correct.
Doesn't alter the fact that I was able to do it for adults

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Not disputing that bit David, and I hope it might work for me in a few months. :) But the original query was about buying a children's package without an adult package.

Return to “P&O”