Topics that are specific to cruising

Topic author
Ranchi
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

New Horizons!

Post by Ranchi »

Well, almost.
Getting excited now as we near our return for our first cruise since lock down (we did squeeze in a cross Channel jaunt on QM2 in Nov to see what the competition was like!) It’s also our first cruise on Ventura (we’ve been a few times on Azura) so it will be interesting to see a new ship. Fortunately we are travelling to Soton by car as I see there is a rail strike scheduled for our disembarkation day. Now to the purpose of this post. Every year when we get to Southampton, we park up on the marina to look at the craft and watch the ferries as we wait for our embarkation time. And every year we say ‘we really must take a trip on the Red Funnel ferry to the Isle of Wight’; well this year we have booked an extra few days in the south (we plan to go to Wimbledon on the first Monday) and so are planning to go on the ferry to the IoW so can anyone suggest anything’s we should look out for when we are there. We are going as foot passengers and would be happy just to wander at the far end.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Horizons!

Post by david63 »

Ranchi wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 13:49
(we plan to go to Wimbledon on the first Monday) and so are planning to go on the ferry to the IoW
Are you sure that you have your geography correct? Wimbledon isn't on the IoW :o :lol: :lol:

Topic author
Ranchi
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Ranchi »

Satnav will find it, I’m sure.
I meant stay in the south for a few days and on the first of those visit IoW. On one of the remaining days visit SW19.😂
Last edited by Ranchi on 08 Jun 2022, 14:58, edited 1 time in total.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”