NCL Being Proactive

Anything about any other cruise line and/or ship

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

NCL Being Proactive

Post by david63 »

Over the weekend I was looking for a cruise to a particular area (one that P&O do not do). I came across a possibility with, amongst others, NCL so I requested one of their brochures. I was surprised yesterday to get a phone call from Germany (which I missed) and an email from my NCL "Personal Cruise Consultant".

It makes you wonder why one cruise line can do this and others cannot - there are constant complaints that you cannot get through to P&O call centre yet NCL actually encourage you to contact them. It may be that NCL are desperate for passengers but it does create an impression that they are at least interested.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Re: NCL Being Proactive

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Interesting, though having researched NCL it wouldn't convince me to sail with them. Not our style though of course they suit others.

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 28 Jun 2022, 09:26
Interesting, though having researched NCL it wouldn't convince me to sail with them. Not our style though of course they suit others.
I would not altogether disagree but it is just a question at the moment of looking at destinations and the options available.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

david63 wrote: 28 Jun 2022, 09:52
Mervyn and Trish wrote: 28 Jun 2022, 09:26
I would not altogether disagree but it is just a question at the moment of looking at destinations and the options available.
I agree David.

I was looking at cruises for next year just out of interest and was underwhelmed at the choice with P&O. And as I'm not a great fan of flying that choice diminished even further. And any that I was interested in all the mid ship and mid forward cabins had gone.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

NCL are a tad brash but there again so was Ocean Village whence we had a wonderful b2b cruise around the Greek Islands. P&O and chums didn't even come close to that itinerary.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

I wouldn't consider NCL as I think from what I've read about them they are more of a party type cruise which wouldn't appeal to me. I wouldn't mind an email from a cruise line after I'd contacted them for a brochure or looked on line but I wouldn't want to be contacted by phone. Maybe it's more of an American thing to do. If I wanted to know any more I'd contact them.

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

We have not tried NCL but neighbours who have tried many lines rate NCL very highly. In their comparisons they compared them with the likes of Celebrity and Princess (rather than RCI, Carnival) ... I got the impression that the similarities were much more than the differences. For comparison our neighbours did not particularly like P&O and really did not like Cunard.

If you search cruisecritic there are a couple of threads comparing NCL with other lines.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Horses for courses.

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Not my cup of tea but there are those to whom it would appeal. There should be something for everybody out there.

Return to “Any Other Cruise Line/Ship”