Parking in Southampton

Topics that are specific to cruising

Topic author
oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Re: Parking in Southampton

Post by oldbluefox »

Based on the recommendations on this site and other forums I have changed my allegiance to P4C from CPS, who are very good but have become increasingly more expensive. Better value to be had by having the OBC and taking the cheaper option of parking with P4C.
David assures me his Reliant Robin was perfectly safe with them.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

trophy wrote: 08 Mar 2023, 13:18
Hi,
I am struggling to find an answer to my query as I canot post new topics on this forum in cruise related questions. This is my first cruise.
I am booked on Arcadia on 21 Dec 2023 for 16 night cruise to Canaries. I am unable to find out what time the ship leaves Southampton. I am told it could be 5.0 pm or 8.0pm. I would like to know the scheduled time plus how many hours earlier I can board? I need this information for booking car parking arrival time.
Can anyone please help?
Without wishing to confuse.
One other option if you are thinking of traveling and staying the night before is to book into a hotel that offers parking as well for the cruise duration.

Here is a sample link.

https://www.allcruisehotels.com/blog/so ... e-parking/
Last edited by Stephen on 08 Mar 2023, 16:38, edited 1 time in total.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

trophy wrote: 08 Mar 2023, 13:43
Thanks, but I am getting nowhere with travel agent or P&O.
If anyone has past experience in respect of time the similar cruise left Southamptin in Dec 2022 that may help.
CPS, Parking4Cruises (P4C) and any other meet and greet parking company will deal with your car anytime between the boarding times for the ship, which for P&O is normally 11:30 until 15:30.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

david63 wrote: 08 Mar 2023, 16:08
Manoverboard wrote: 08 Mar 2023, 15:43
All us P&O Newbies of old where given the option of using CPS by P&O.
Still are - but the way that marketing has changed over the years the OBC on offer is significantly more than the cost of parking with P4C
Possibly so but my thinking was/is that the OP was seeking comfort of mind given that it is a first cruise and everything about cruising presently seems to be a bit of a mystery.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

My next 2 cruises were booked and parking paid for with CPS before the recent price increases. OBC offered was greater and gratefully trousered. Will reconsider options next time we book.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Same here.

Going back to the OP, I think Moby is right. Perhaps we need to remember this is their first cruise, and like most of us when we were newbies we too probably wanted everything as easy as possible until we got a bit more confident.

allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Post by allatc »

There used to be a parking service located across the river with mini-buses to take you to and fro. You parked and the car stayed put so no need to hand over car keys.
I've had a look on Google Earth but can't see it.

Anyone remember what it used to be called ?

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”