Topics relating to P&O

Topic author
Tesla369
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Cruise app

Post by Tesla369 »

Just booked our first cruise with P&o.
Can anyone tell me if p&o have an app with chat facility, for contacting other members of our group.
If not how do others find/contact each other while on board.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Cruise app

Post by Stephen »

Welcome to the forum Tesla369 :wave:

This might help answer your question

https://www.iglucruise.com/blog/po-crui ... the%20ship.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

As for keeping in touch with others such as friends and family while onboard then the options are cabin to cabin phoning or your own technology. Remember though, unless you purchase an onboard internet package your own phone provider will charge you for all data you use. And it’s not cheap, so be aware.

I would suggest checking with your phone provider what your options are. These can be purchasing a daily package that allows you to use you phone and data while abroad. Remember these can also be expensive, especially when you total up the number of days that you want it.

When ashore though most bars and cafes will offer free internet access, while you frequent their premises.

Hope this helps :thumbup:
Last edited by Stephen on 05 Mar 2023, 08:09, edited 1 time in total.

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

We use the old tried and tested method of, I’ll meet you at (specific place) at one o’clock.
Specific place generally being a bar.
Personally never bothered about an internet package as we don’t live on the phone.
Mrs B rarely uses any data at all.
I’ll log into free wifi when in port to delete the hundreds of emails from various cruise companies.😂
Might drop the kids a quick WhatsApp to let them know we are still breathing.
That’s it really.
Mrs B usually puts her phone in the safe for the duration.
I keep mine for the ‘app’ which has always worked fine for me, although I know others have had issues.
Empty vessels .. and all that

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Don't be tempted to use your phone to call anyone on board when at sea. The phone, used as a phone as opposed to Internet, will connect to the on board phone network which is very expensive. Before going there are often Facebook groups set up for specific cruises where people swap information. Search for your cruise number on Facebook.

Return to “P&O”