Covid Restrictions Lifted

Topics that are specific to cruising

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Covid Restrictions Lifted

Post by david63 »

Just had an email from gov.uk to say that the Covid guidance for cruise ship holidays has been removed.

That along with the removal of the NHS Covid app sends the signals that we are moving in the right direction - although, no doubt, there will be some saying too much too soon!

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Re: Covid Restrictions Lifted

Post by barney »

A new variant about apparently.
It’s just part of life now.
Empty vessels .. and all that

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

That's good by me, our last cruise last year we had a folder full of papers to clear us to board the ship and get entry to some countries. Less paper work the better.
No doubt there wil be cases of covid on ships but then we still get case of the noro virus and life goes on.
Our next cruise has become that bit more normal.
Don't worry, be happy

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Good to hear.

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Life’s a gamble, only bet what you are prepared to lose…still jellying my hands a petrol stations and avoiding crowded places.

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

I once heard a doctor say the best defence was to wash hands regularly. We still avoid handrails as much as we can and gel hands especially if we are going to eat. I noticed in Scotland last week some shops were still asking you to wear masks if going in.

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

I'm due to go for my Covid booster this afternoon and I've just been told I'm required to wear a mask when going to the local Community Hospital. I hoped this time I wouldn't have to - steamed up glasses! Still if that's what they want although after all the comments from some in the medical profession that masks don't prevent anyone catching Covid, I'm not sure what the use of it is, I'll wear a mask.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

We took masks on Tuesday for our jabs but masks were not required, albeit in a pharmacy.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

I hope this means that Saga will finally remove the requirement for proof of vaccination. As far as I know they are one of the few cruise lines that still ask for this. I'm sailing with them in August, and it would be nice not to have to obtain the Covid pass
Gill

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Gill W wrote: 04 May 2023, 15:49
I hope this means that Saga will finally remove the requirement for proof of vaccination. As far as I know they are one of the few cruise lines that still ask for this. I'm sailing with them in August, and it would be nice not to have to obtain the Covid pass
Depends on where it is sailing as local requirements still apply

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

david63 wrote: 04 May 2023, 16:08

Depends on where it is sailing as local requirements still apply
It's a solely UK itinerary.

I do wonder if Saga are more cautious due to their older clientele, but I'd be more than happy not to have to get the NHS Pass
Gill

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

I think you might be right about the clientele age. Maybe they don't want the hassle of confining too many to cabins with room service.

Realistically the Covid pass isn't too much bother. It took me 5 mins on line to download and print ours again after the latest jabs, just in case Cunard changed the rules again. It was the faff and worry over LFTs within 24 hours of cruising that I didn't like and was glad to see the back of.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Gill W wrote: 04 May 2023, 15:49
It's a fairly simple process via the NHS app, far easier than trying to complete the P&O booking in procedure.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

All prepared to go, with mask, for my Covid jab appointment at 4pm yesterday afternoon, then at 1.50pm I received a text saying my appointment had been cancelled and would I like to rebook. This was followed by another text from my surgery apologising saying it had been cancelled for unforseen circumstances and to rebook. This I did and now it's scheduled for the end of May. So I never discovered whether I had to wear a mask. Maybe by the end of this month this requirement will have been removed.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

We still have to wear masks at our surgery, but didn't have to for our jab, which was at a pharmacy. I didn't have to at the optician this morning. But I did at the clinic where I had my cataracts removed.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

CaroleF wrote: 05 May 2023, 11:50
All prepared to go, with mask, for my Covid jab appointment at 4pm yesterday afternoon, then at 1.50pm I received a text saying my appointment had been cancelled and would I like to rebook. This was followed by another text from my surgery apologising saying it had been cancelled for unforseen circumstances and to rebook. This I did and now it's scheduled for the end of May. So I never discovered whether I had to wear a mask. Maybe by the end of this month this requirement will have been removed.

Sounds a bit of a shambles Carole.

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

My sister has just returned from her doctor having been diagnosed with Covid even thought she has been testing herself prior to the appointment…Ok. They could have been duff tests kits but my wife was talking to one of her x colleagues the other day who said that that there is a new variant going around which isn’t being picked up with home testing kits.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

WHO now says the Covid global health emergency is over.

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”