Any general cruise line chat

Topic author
Wavewatcher
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

P&O Coach Transfer stalemate

Post by Wavewatcher »

My wife and I are booked on K322F - Transatlantic 27 October 2023 on P&O Arvia
The 'select' fare came with a 'complimentary' coach transfer to Southampton from Manchester Airport where we are flown back to

I am tearing out what little hair I have left trying to contact the coach company to confirm my 'Complimentary' transfer from Manchester Airport to Southampton. The company who run it are Cruise Connect, part of Intercruises group. Not sure why we have to do this but the agent (IGLU) say we must

I have called 'CRUISE CONNECT' 110 times so far and spent over 4.5 hours in the queue in total,which in itself is a disgrace. Mostly nobody answers, often its an engaged tone, many times I have sat on the phone for ages, only to be cut off. Just twice I have heard someone say "Hello" but the line then goes dead. In addition, I have completed their contact form twice, of course no replies!

P&O aren't replying, IGLU who sold me the cruise don't want to know, this company might as well not be there for what use they have been

I am so cheesed off and wishing I hadn't booked it, but know that it would cost me dearly to cancel

Anyone had similar problems or have any suggestions??

kaymar
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Re: P&O Coach Transfer stalemate

Post by kaymar »

Welcome to the forum, Wavewatcher, and sorry to hear of the problem you are having with Cruise Connect, who are the main coach operator for P&O and Cunard.

We have used the comany in its various guises many times over the years and have had no issues. Most recently, we booked a transfer from Preston to Southampton which we later changed to a pickup from Birmingham. The phone number we used was 0344 338 8690 which was answered without undue delay and dealt with promptly and accurately, even if the operative did not perhaps sound particularly professional. Don't know what to suggest if that is the number you are using, apart from trying at different times of the day. 110 calls is clearly not acceptable, but maybe 111 will be lucky? For what it is worth, in our experience, the service is very good and hopefully worth persevering with.

Topic author
Wavewatcher
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Wavewatcher »

Thanks very much, that's the number. I have dialed it more recently so its probably 125 now!!

I am at an absolute loss! Have tried from 8.30 in the morning to 6PM?

I am not the only one, the reviews for the company on Trust Pilot are appalling!!
Last edited by Wavewatcher on 15 May 2023, 11:50, edited 1 time in total.

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

I can emphasise with you. I recently had to cancel coach travel with them I had paid for myself. Many,many phone calls, totally fobbed off. In the end I did a recharge with the bank and it came through.

There are many passengers totally frustrated on Facebook with the poor service provided by the staff in the office in Edinburgh. They are totally overwhelmed by the workload.

It's just not good enough for Pand O to wash their hands of it all, they are the company offering the benefit.
Sadly Eavesway have cut my route from south Wales so its cruise connect or the train.
I'm afraid you just need to keep trying but I would not bother on a Monday as it seems to one of their busiest days.
Lindsey

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Hi Wavewatcher and welcome.

I booked a return trip last week with Cruise Connect from Magor Services M4 to Southampton. This wasn’t a complementary trip - I booked online - no problem at all. Have you tried booking online? It is possible to book just one way - they will be aware from the cruise number that you are using a complementary ticket.

I’m not surprised you are wound up making all these telephone calls - I hope you manage to get it sorted out soon.

For me it’s the only way to travel to Southampton now as Lindsey says Eavesway don’t travel from South Wales any more.
Janis

Teepers
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Teepers »

We are in exactly the same situation. I have been trying for over a week! Unfortunately the on line booking facility is for fare paying passengers and not an option for those with complimentary transfers. They don’t even bother to get back to you if you message via the Contact Us button.

It’s very poor service and reflects badly on the cruise line.

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Re Teepers response I’ve booked online with a complementary transfer in the past - I did twice last year. Of course things change I know but I hope you both manage to sort yourselves out - so frustrating for you!!!
Janis

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Welcome to the forum Wavewatcher :wave:

I've sent you a PM.

Topic author
Wavewatcher
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Wavewatcher »

Thanks everyone for the supportive messages
Dont intend to get a coronary worrying about it
Hopefully a few weeks might make some difference
Fingers crossed!!

Topic author
Wavewatcher
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Wavewatcher »

To anyone else suffering the same frustration with this company, my constant complaining has attracted this tweet from P&O today

"Intercruises have confirmed they will take booking within 35 days prior of departure. Coach drivers will have full guest manifest, so in the event that you don't get a voucher, you may still board the coach. This is for a limited time only, till phone issues are resolved"

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Wavewatcher wrote: 18 May 2023, 17:29
To anyone else suffering the same frustration with this company, my constant complaining has attracted this tweet from P&O today

"Intercruises have confirmed they will take booking within 35 days prior of departure. Coach drivers will have full guest manifest, so in the event that you don't get a voucher, you may still board the coach. This is for a limited time only, till phone issues are resolved"

:lol: ….that old one

Nettynoo08087
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Nettynoo08087 »

I am booked on the same holiday cruise on the 27th icy 23 and have complimentary coach travel from Gatwick. The details of your transfer is in your booking on your P&O account. I hope you have managed to clarify your travel time and pick up point

JoanPete48
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by JoanPete48 »

Cruise Connect.
I have booked my transfer to Southampton for 30/3/24 but have since read the reviews about the state of the coaches being uncomfortable dirty and no toilet facilities. Has anyone travelled on the coach from Chester recently that can give me some positive feedback on the coaches please. We have in the past travelled with Evesway but they don’t pick up in Chester now. Thanks.

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

My son and family regularly travel from the north west with Intercruises and have had super coaches - never complained about them being dirty or lacking toilet facilities.

They usually get picked up at Knutsford services on the M6 - the only complaint they make is the length of the journey but they just have to put up with it - there isn’t an alternative.
Janis

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Jan Rosser wrote: 05 Jan 2024, 15:19
there isn’t an alternative
They could move :) :)

allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Post by allatc »

david63 wrote: 05 Jan 2024, 15:35
Jan Rosser wrote: 05 Jan 2024, 15:19
there isn’t an alternative
They could move :) :)
or hire a car

and, after re-reading the initial post, if you're flying back to Manchester just pray you don't get a flight with Maleth Aero
Last edited by allatc on 06 Jan 2024, 09:28, edited 1 time in total.

sparkscruise
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by sparkscruise »

Have you tried pushing P&O or IGLU a bit harder?

Return to “General Cruise Line Chat”