Suites

Discussions about anything related to Aurora

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Suites

Post by CaroleF »

I would definitely go for a mini suite - they are lovely on Aurora, very spacious. We have only had an suite at the very front of the ship on Adonia and as Gill D says when the ship is underway the balcony can be extremely windy and not really usable. I can't say we felt a lot more movement at the front than we have when we were in an aft balcony but I wouldn't choose a forward suite again.

Carole

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

CaroleF wrote:
I would definitely go for a mini suite - they are lovely on Aurora, very spacious. We have only had an suite at the very front of the ship on Adonia and as Gill D says when the ship is underway the balcony can be extremely windy and not really usable. I can't say we felt a lot more movement at the front than we have when we were in an aft balcony but I wouldn't choose a forward suite again.

Carole

I know I said I would probably rather wait for a compo upgrade or spend the money elsewhere but in the end I relented and have paid the £200pp for the upgrade to a mini suite. Well it will our anniversary the day we board :thumbup:

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Stephen wrote:
Couldn't possibly say. My only concern is ship movement being right up front. I had a bad experience with rough weather on our first cruise on Oriana with our cabin being right up front. Sick as dog for two days.
I was the same Stephen on my first cruise I was quite queasy but have been fine since and we’ve been up front a few times, my good friend Emjay has done two full world cruises in the Penthouse on Aurora and you don’t get much further forward than that, I don’t recall her saying the motion was a problem and I think she would have mentioned it, it must have been ok if she did it a second time.

Someone once told me it isn’t the up/down movement that causes seasickness it is the side to side movement .. if that’s true it wouldn’t really matter where you were on a ship.
Jo

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

Excellent Stephen, I hope you enjoy it. Don't forget all the perks that go with it - priority boarding, priority tendering if needed, champagne, chocolates, and fruit.

Have a great anniversary when it comes.

Carole

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Thanks Carole. It'll be our 35th WA. We could have waited and took a chance on getting a free upgrade, but it's not guaranteed plus we might have ended up at the stern of the ship, so thought blow it, go for it.

I did ask about priority boarding but Emma at P&O wasn't too sure. Not too bothered about that, I don't want to get labelled a Goldie :D

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Priority boarding for suite guests is a perk with most lines I believe, just make sure the lady at the escalator realises you are .. I usually find standing there looking important and waving my e-ticket in the air usually works :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jo

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

I prefer the more subtle approach DQ. I'm not one for making a show.

Untitledb.jpg

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Jo

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Out of interest Stephen - how long before you embark did you get the suite offer?

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Hooray! Enjoy it x
Gill

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

david63 wrote:
Out of interest Stephen - how long before you embark did you get the suite offer?
We go on the 25th July David and got the offer on Friday. I must admit I was a bit surprised they were offering that early. I guess they are trying to get something for the empty cabins before they start handing out the free upgrades.

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

GillD46 wrote:
Hooray! Enjoy it x
Thanks Gill. Will do our best as I don't think we'll be making a habit of it.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Stephen wrote:
GillD46 wrote:
Hooray! Enjoy it x
That's what we said :lolno:
Gill

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Stephen wrote:
Thanks Carole. It'll be our 35th WA. We could have waited and took a chance on getting a free upgrade, but it's not guaranteed plus we might have ended up at the stern of the ship, so thought blow it, go for it.

I did ask about priority boarding but Emma at P&O wasn't too sure. Not too bothered about that, I don't want to get labelled a Goldie :D
It's our 35th wedding anniversary this year too...... Although we'll be in an outside cabin on Oriana, not in a suite!

Re priority boarding - my friend is in the Atlantic tier, and was in an inside cabin but she got priority boarding. She's a super stylish dresser, and the ladies at the stairs assumed she was a Goldie or in a suite! When they realised their mistake, they didn't have the heart to pull her out of the priority queue!
Gill

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

GillD46 wrote:
Stephen wrote:
GillD46 wrote:
Hooray! Enjoy it x
That's what we said :lolno:

And us :lolno:
Jo

allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Post by allatc »

But you would get a piano to play. (I'm assuming that is the suite to which you are referring)

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Stephen wrote:
CaroleF wrote:

Carole

I know I said I would probably rather wait for a compo upgrade or spend the money elsewhere but in the end I relented and have paid the £200pp for the upgrade to a mini suite. Well it will our anniversary the day we board :thumbup:
Good man. You'll like that - the mini-suites are as good as the suites on some other ships

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

I'd better buy a couple of new string vests and pants. Don't want to upset the neighbours with dirty old torn stained ones when I put the washing line across the balcony rail.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Stephen wrote:
I'd better buy a couple of new string vests and pants. Don't want to upset the neighbours with dirty old torn stained ones when I put the washing line across the balcony rail.
Don't forget to knot your hankie when on the balcony and wear a footie shirt for formal evenings!
Gill

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Better get your shell suits pressed as well !

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

GillD46 wrote:
Stephen wrote:
Don't forget to knot your hankie when on the balcony and wear a footie shirt for formal evenings!
Steady on Gill, I wasn't thinking of going that posh.

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

qbman1 wrote:
Better get your shell suits pressed as well !
Goes without saying

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

I think the butler is in for a bit of a shock !

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Stephen wrote:
GillD46 wrote:
Stephen wrote:
Steady on Gill, I wasn't thinking of going that posh.
One
step at a time eh Stephen?
Gill

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

qbman1 wrote:
I think the butler is in for a bit of a shock !
He will be since he'll be in the wrong grade of cabin, mini suites don't have butlers. I wouldn't want one anyway.

Return to “About Aurora”