Titanic comparison

Any general cruise line chat

Topic author
oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Titanic comparison

Post by oldbluefox »

I was quite staggered when I saw a photograph of Titanic next to a modern cruise ship. She looks quite tiny alongside QM2.
Titanic.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: Titanic comparison

Post by Manoverboard »

It was the same, or similar, comparison when we were in Voyages of Discovery parked next to OV ( the old Arcadia ).
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Even smaller taken from this angle against one of these huge ships presumably Oasis of the Seas or similar.
Titanic2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

I remember being somewhere on Oceana when the Indy docked on the other side of the mooring. It was like someone pulling the curtains.
Empty vessels .. and all that

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

A couple of years ago we were on Oriana in Southampton waiting to leave when the Harmony of the Seas passed very close to our berth as it sailed up to the turning area further up. We were totally dwarfed by this monstrosity and we felt like the poor relations. To add to our feelings of inadequacy we then followed behind Harmony while the local tugs etc sprayed arcs of water over it while we got nothing. From Oriana's prom deck it was like looking up at a skyscraper.

Maureen

Not so ancient mariner
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Not so ancient mariner »

In Oct 2014 Oasis of the Seas was in Southampton when we were starting our cruise, and she was tiwce the GRT of the ship we were joining. And that was Azura!

Topic author
oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

That was why I found a picture of her near to QM2, something we can relate to, but against the behemoths of RCI she is literally dwarfed, as are most ships. I couldn't believe how small Titanic was, although I suppose in her day she was considered big. The elegance of her interior was truly lovely (unless you were downstairs!!).

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Looking at the picture it's hard to imagine 1503 passengers perished on her.

Return to “General Cruise Line Chat”