New protocols

Topics that are specific to cruising

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New protocols

Post by david63 »

Looks as this might be another step in the right direction - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54684985 - although at £120 a time it is somewhat on the expensive side.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

It used to be £200, according to chums, so another step in the right direction perhaps.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

david63 wrote: 26 Oct 2020, 08:22
Looks as this might be another step in the right direction - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54684985 - although at £120 a time it is somewhat on the expensive side.
It is to be hoped that the NHS testing is far cheaper than that, otherwise at 340,000 tests a day it could be costing us almost £41m a day, or £15bn a year.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

jacksparrow
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by jacksparrow »

The test chemists were offering to see if you had had the virus was £40.. I can’t see may folk paying £120 to see if they have it when there didn’t appear to be much take up on the other one... different tests I know. Shame they can’t do similar on the nhs.
The pesky scarfaced pirate

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Expensive peace of mind. Have the test which shows your clear. So what, next week you could catch it, so that's a £120 down to the drain.
Last edited by Stephen on 26 Oct 2020, 10:27, edited 1 time in total.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

It would be of value if the Hotel / B&B / Cruise Line insisted on a test certificate three days before the booking started to ensure nobody had it on arrival.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Manoverboard wrote: 26 Oct 2020, 13:02
It would be of value if the Hotel / B&B / Cruise Line insisted on a test certificate three days before the booking started to ensure nobody had it on arrival.
My reading of P&O covid protocols is that all passengers will need to have tested negative before they are allowed to board.
John

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

towny44 wrote: 26 Oct 2020, 13:44
My reading of P&O covid protocols is that all passengers will need to have tested negative before they are allowed to board.
Perhaps they will do a deal with Boots so that the test price is reduced to £50 for their passengers :thumbup:

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Better still. get a vaccine rolled out asap.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

I'm ahead of you in the jab queue so if you want a cruise before me then it'll cost you £80 :lol:

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Manoverboard wrote: 26 Oct 2020, 15:24
towny44 wrote: 26 Oct 2020, 13:44
Perhaps they will do a deal with Boots so that the test price is reduced to £50 for their passengers :thumbup:
RCI have said that testing will be done by them presumably at their cost, let's hope Carnival follow suit.
John

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

towny44 wrote: 26 Oct 2020, 15:30
RCI have said that testing will be done by them presumably at their cost, let's hope Carnival follow suit.
They will pass the cost on to their passenger ... you :thumbup:

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

Whatever happens,we’re all going to end up paying through the nose, especially if we transfer again.
Mel

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Manoverboard wrote: 26 Oct 2020, 15:38
Hopefully not for our next 3 pre booked cruises.
John

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

I will wait with baited breath for the new cruises.
Mel

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

towny44 wrote: 26 Oct 2020, 16:14
You will be paying for your jabs .... deffo :thumbup:

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Manoverboard wrote: 27 Oct 2020, 08:03
towny44 wrote: 26 Oct 2020, 16:14

You will be paying for your jabs .... deffo :thumbup:
We will have to wait and see, I just hope I can remember where to find your post to prove you wrong. 8-) :?
John

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

I hope that I am wrong but I can say that when we booked a World Cruise Sector within South America ' we ' were obliged to pay for the Yellow Fever jabs at £70 a go else get a privately paid for exemption certificate from our Doctor. Failing that we would not be permitted to board the ship, P&O’s Adonia 2013, but things do change of course.
Last edited by Manoverboard on 27 Oct 2020, 09:13, edited 1 time in total.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Manoverboard wrote: 27 Oct 2020, 09:12
I hope that I am wrong but I can say that when we booked a World Cruise Sector within South America ' we ' were obliged to pay for the Yellow Fever jabs at £70 a go else get a privately paid for exemption certificate from our Doctor. Failing that we would not be permitted to board the ship, P&O’s Adonia 2013, but things do change of course.
That is a bit different to the Covid situation where testing or possibly proof of vaccination might be needed for all passengers, not just specific cruise areas: and we got our Yellow fever jabs free on the NHS.
John

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Save post #42 as a ' Favourite / Bookmark ' would be another option :thumbup:

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

towny44 wrote: 27 Oct 2020, 09:17
That is a bit different to the Covid situation where testing or possibly proof of vaccination might be needed for all passengers, not just specific cruise areas: and we got our Yellow fever jabs free on the NHS.
We took the ' exemption certificate from our Doctor ' route and had to pay because the NHS does not cover such costs.

It is possible that the NHS will provide a free test as a one off once a vaccine is available but I cannot see any reason why they would do so every time you, or anybody else, wants to go on a holiday ... unless it is within the UK perhaps.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Manoverboard wrote: 27 Oct 2020, 09:24
towny44 wrote: 27 Oct 2020, 09:17
We took the ' exemption certificate from our Doctor ' route and had to pay because the NHS does not cover such costs.

It is possible that the NHS will provide a free test as a one off once a vaccine is available but I cannot see any reason why they would do so every time you, or anybody else, wants to go on a holiday ... unless it is within the UK perhaps.
It is now a few years since we got our Yellow fever jabs, maybe we were just lucky with our choice of the surgery to obtain them, our own did not offer this service, but they were certainly free then.
John

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”