Adonia cruises in 2013

Topic author
RB1961
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

D312N Adonia Fjords 25th August

Post by RB1961 »

Hi
We are off to the fjords and were wondering whats to do from a DIY perspective.
OH is a part-time wheelchair user so I will be pushing her in a manual wheelchair.
We have been to Bergen before and have read the Geiranger post we will also be going to Eidjford, Bodo, Tromso, Lofoten Islands and Alesund.
Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks. :thumbup:

RB

Topic author
RB1961
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Re: D312N Adonia Fjords 25th August

Post by RB1961 »

Billy no mates.. :sarcasm: ...or is it my aftershave ... :lol:

RB

woodlander
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by woodlander »

We went on Adonia to the fjords last year. Can't comment on Eidjford or Lofoten Islands.
Bodo - not a terribly picturesque place its modern as rebuilt after German occupation. Best claim to fame is its an important NATO airbase and there is an aviation museum in the town. You would have to get the bus I would think but there might be a tour going. We went on a trip to the Saltstraum whirlpools which was ok and we saw a bit more of the countryside. Path down to whirlpool is quite long and steep so perhaps not best for wheelchair user.
Tromso - we went on a P & O tour to the Arctic Cathedral and the Polar Museum which was interesting. I think there were a few steps at each location from memory
Alesund - lovely town centre we did DIY and went on the Land Train which took us on a city tour and up to the view point for a stop. We had fantastic weather so the views over town were really clear. Then just had a walk around the town - a little bit hilly in parts from memory.

Hope this helps - have a great trip - we really enjoyed Adonia

Topic author
RB1961
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by RB1961 »

Thanks for that woodlander.

RB

Return to “Adonia Cruises 2013”